Cassis TSM gets MasterCard recognition
With MasterCard MOTAPS, issuing banks have a standardized, easy to use, cost-effective and secure method to transfer and install PayPass-enabled payment account information, on demand, in real time, onto Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled or capable mobile phones. After account provisioning, consumers can immediately use their mobile phone at more than three hundred thousand merchant locations worldwide where PayPass is accepted.
Cassis, an expert in Trusted Services Manager (TSM) solutions brings to MasterCard its commercially proven TSM service that specializes in securely provisioning payment and other secure element applications Over-the-Air onto mobile phones and then managing them over time. With the completion of the integration effort with MOTAPS, Cassis is now ready to provide issuers that connect to MOTAPS a fully integrated and end-to-end provisioning solution.
Cassis is already involved in numerous NFC projects, and partnerships including :
- Partnership with Wireless Dynamics and MasterCard in Asia Pacific (cf. Smart Insights Weekly #11-21),
- Morpho eDocuments, and Cassis International are partnering to provide NFC solutions to European mobile operators and service providers cf. SIW #11-08),
- with Atos and TSYS, to implement complete solutions enabling service providers to deploy innovative and secure contactless applications (cf. SWI #11-07),
- with Alcatel-Lucent to integrate Cassis International’s Trusted Service Manager (TSM) with Alcatel-Lucent's mobile payment and marketing offering (cf. SIW 10-50),
- with BKM, the Turkish bank association, to launch a multibank NFC pilot (cf. 10-27),