Secure Transactions News Eurosmart new motto: "Smart Security"
Secure Transactions News
Eurosmart new motto: "Smart Security"
Thursday 17 May 2007
Eurosmart also announced new members have joined the association:
- Inside Contactless is well known by Smart Insights readers.
- Sitronics, headquartered in Moscow, Russia, provides end-to-end solutions in microelectronics, IT and telecommunications. Sitronics sales reached US$ 1,611 million (EUR 1,200 million) and its net income was US$ 61 million (EUR 45 million). Sitronics employs more than 10,000 people in 29 countries. Sitronics is associated with ST Microelectronics on semi conductor, and with Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) on smart cards.
- Solicore is a developer and manufacturer of ultra-thin flexible lithium polymer batteries under its Flexion brand. Typical applications include smart cards, radio frequency identification (RFID) security and informational devices, and medical applications. Solicore is headquartered in Lakeland, Florida.
- Zetes is a Belgium-based systems integrator involved in People ID (contact and contactless smart cards for people identification and security) and Goods ID (RFID technologies targeting objects identification and management). Zetes achieved EUR 137.5 sales in 2006 and its net profit reached EUR 4.4 million.
- XPonCard is a smart card manufacturer providing SIM cards, EMV cards, ID cards and plastic cards as well as card management and services. XponCard focuses on "Nordikum": the Nordic countries and the countries around the Baltic Sea, and also has a focus on telecoms with a global coverage. XponCard sales were SEK 970 million (EUR 105 million) in 2006 and its losses reached SEK 21.7 million (EUR 2.36 million).