Travel Tags propose environmentally friendly card bodies
The new product line will be the card industry's broadest range of card products on substrates that include renewable and recycled materials. The new product line includes:
- Nattera Birch™ -- this card features a very natural feel and appearance, as it is made entirely out of wood.
- Nattera Evergreen™-- constructed out of recycled PVC, this card uses up to 99%+ post-consumer recycled material in its manufacturing. As a result, it avoids the utilization of newly produced PVC. PVC production has been linked to a host of environmental issues.
- Nattera Field™-- made out of polyactide (PLA) derived from cornstarch. Along with using corn, which is a renewable resource, PLA's manufacturing process also displays a lower carbon footprint than that of traditional plastics.
- Nattera Forest™ -- a 100% cellulose-based card, including a cellulose-based lamination. This card that utilizes a proprietary lamination and finishing process exclusive to Travel Tags can be made to match the look, performance and feel of a traditional plastic card.
- Nattera Rain Forest™ -- made out of PETG, which creates a lower environmental impact in its manufacturing compared to PVC. The fabrication of this material does not involve the use of toxic elements - such as chlorine gas or DEHP plasticizers - present in PVC production.
These new Nattera card offerings have been successfully developed to feature litho printing, lamination or press polishing, variable data imaging, and magnetic stripe encoding. All cards are printed with ultraviolet-cured inks, which contain very low levels of volatile organic compounds and minimize any outputs that contribute to air pollution. The Nattera line also offers a variety of earth-friendly carrier options, from 100% recycled paper to paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and printed in FSC-certified plants using soy-based inks.
Travel Tags, with 30 years of plastic printing experience, is headquartered in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, USA. Travel Tags has manufacturing facilities, creative design services and sales offices in Portland, OR; Las Vegas, NV; Redlands, CA as well as European-based operations through its sister company, Narboni, with locations in Paris and Miramont, France.